Continuing our September trek down the Avenue of Opportunities EntreMusicians are free to follow, we pause to consider an oft overlooked jewel that could help Build an Enduring Brand while providing Additional Income for years to come. Have You Considered the Wide World of Acting?
I Have and have Enjoyed Occasions to Stretch My Capacity. I’ve included a few clips below. You may or may not find them absolutely incredible and Academy Award worthy, but the Lessons I’ve learned, Experience I’ve gained and Connections I’ve Secured as a result of taking these risks have endured to my advantage.
Here’s several reasons You too should consider Acting as a Key Instrument in your EntreMusician’s Briefcase.
1) Acting naturally yields Electrifying Outlets of Creativity which can be Channeled into Wonderful Songwriting.
2) Entering the Acting Arena aids you in Sharpening Your Stage Persona, Audience Engagement, Video Production Skills and in many ways can become a Second Career.
3) Acting Appropriately Positions You to in a space to Present Your Songs to the Soundtrack or Contribute to the Score.
4) Acting Propels You into a Zone of Discipline that involuntarily Spills Over onto Your Musical Approach, Practice and overall Study of Your Craft
5) The Preoccupations of Acting Heightens Your Sensitivity to Everything Going Around You While Demanding an Exacting Performance Every Single Take. (Every EntreMusician Reading This Can Relate…Especially if You’ve had to play drums with a pounding headache!!)
With sincere respect to the True Art & Profession of Acting, I have found within my tiny experiences that the most the Director expects of you aside from professionalism is to Relax and Be Yourself (especially while ‘In Character’)
Haven’t You Noticed that ALL of the Actors & Actresses You Know and Love are actually only playing Themselves on Stage & Screen?
In Almost Every Movie Denzel, Duvall, De Niro, Depp & Downey, Jr. retain their distinct personalities! Different Script, Different Character (supposedly), but the same basic disposition, emotions and approach. The reason we love their movies, is because we love THEM!
So Memorize Your Lines, Dive into The Script and Develop a Magnetic Persona that will Increase Your Email List and Strengthen Your Fan Base.
I have been blessed to act in three independent movies, having contributed to the scores of two and playing the lead role on stage in the off roadway adaption of David Lee Talbert’s “The Fabric of a Man”. In fact, I was so completely naïve that I didn’t know I was the lead!!
Thank You to Art Byrd, Johnny Herbert and Ray O’Neil for trusting my muse!
Greater Threat Clip (Ray O’Neil)
Magnify (Art Byrd)
Film Ruiner – A Spoof while out in LA (Art Byrd)
I Was Listening to Bob James’ “H” on Vinyl while writing this blog…